Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

So today was Thanksgiving. Unfortunately Swedes have no reason to celebrate, meaning, I was about to be left without that delicious Thanksgiving dinner. That did NOT sit well with me though, so Isaac and I set out on a Thanksgiving-dinner shopping spree and got everything we needed for a basic Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, Broccoli casserole, Rolls, Fruitsallad, Cranberry jelly and Mac n Cheese... that last one was mostly cause I miss Mac n Cheese. But, after what felt like, and probably was, HOURS of cooking we finished our masterpiece...

All the food.. plus Dr. Pepper ;)

My very first Broccoli Casserole. Momma ain't you proud?

My plate... it was DELICIOUS!

All in all a much better Thanksgiving than I thought I'd be having. But I still missed my family and having big Thanksgiving with everyone out in Tyler!

2 comments:

Anna of Dallas said...

Beautiful broccoli casserole! Yes I am proud of you. We missed you too, but it was nice thatpeople got to see you on the webcam and say hi.

Charlene said...

Thank youu, it was yummy too ;)

Yes I thought so too, would have been more fun if I could see THEM too though :(